Saturday, November 20, 2010

A wise proverb

18 The path of the righteous is like the morning sun,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness;
they do not know what makes them stumble.



I was reading through Proverbs the other day on my commute into the city. This passage leaped out at me.
"This sounds pretty cliche. ...but the same time it's rich in meaning and substance."

Oh you book of Wisdom, Proverbs, you make me question. Do I feel like my daily decisions are leading to a brighter day?
If not...why not? Where am I not seeking God?

His wisdom and understanding is infinite.

Within the book of Proverbs you often hear mention of "laziness"...maybe not for you...but for me I think it's laziness that is atleast part of the gateway to lack of pursuit to Godly wisdom in all matters. Not to "over spiritualize" (at the same not being fearful of overspirtualizing), we must fight ourselves and maybe some fear of others and pursue Godliness with "all our heart, all our mind, and all our strength"!

If you have ever or even now believe there is no rhyme, reason, wisdom to the Kingdom of Heaven for the followers of Christ then you've been duped into deep darkness that will only cause great and regretful stumbling in your life and thereafter. In our heart of hearts, we know what we need to do. We know that we need to and we know how to pursue God with all of our heart, mind, soul. So let's just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment