Sunday, November 28, 2010

Where is your heart?


oxford american dictionary:
a hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the circulatory system by rythmic contraction and dilation.

since when, since when did we begin to refer to this hollow muscular organ, as being the center of our emotions, moral, and "love".

and who took the image from:
to:


further more, i want to believe the best in people. however no matter how "pretty" we try to make our heart appear to be "...out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." (matthew 15:19)

of course "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. (luke 6:45)"

however, this heart game, it truly comes across as a sketchy see-saw that you attempt to seek balance on but so easily, often get DROPPED (you know exactly the feeling of getting dropped when you used to play on the see-saw...)

Regardless of how often or easily it can happen...it's always a surprise. Hello? Quite possibly the reason behind that sudden DROP, is because we are not putting our FULL heart in God as we've been told and instead choose to play some weird balance games.

We are told to put our full heart in God, but we choose to put it in stuff, situations, people (friends, family, and lovers), places, homes, etc. and we get dropped in many different forms. It only hurts our own self.

I guess...i just wish we could all get it together, get over ourselves (me included), and all place our hearts - the core of everything we are - fully in Him. Our hopes, dreams, ideas, creativity, talents, minds, thinking patterns, our whole selves in Him. That way we don't have to deal with fear of man. Then, we could all get on with it and live our lives to the fullest.

I'm nothing spectacular, but much of my life I have felt I've struggled against other's comparing themselves to me, and when that happens I cease functioning correctly. I shut down. Healthy, fun competition, bring it on. Full out comparison...no no no. I have over and over again: run away. Has it ever made me feel better about myself...I don't think so...in fact I usually come out asking the question "Why me??" more and more. I want to live my life to the fullest and not think about offending any one else, because they are trying to play a balance game with me. Don't you? Just live, you and God. That's romance. :) I think we can all do it.

That's why I am trying to start a new initiative within myself, that when I feel people around me are trying to play a balancing/comparison game with me, I won't any longer run. No more retreating, but confrontation: healthy, God-fearing, not man-fearing, battle. Because my battle is "not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, I may be able to stand my ground, and after I have done everything, I will stand."

I think it's a battle we all need to engage in, for ourselves and for others. We need to fight for our own hearts, and for the hearts of others. To all place them in the right hands, and not the hands of each other.

Where is your heart?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I can not STAND it when people "compare" themselves to me. It makes me completely retreat and I begin to feel depressed because I can no longer seem to "please" those who are doing the comparing. Not to play devil's advocate, but just out of curiosity, how will you confront those who do this? Are you just going to call them out on it? (I am not posting this comment to be funny, but to ask in all seriousness, because this is something I have struggled with as well). I love you!

    <3 K

    ReplyDelete