Friday, July 26, 2013

Thought of the day

Thought of the day:
I think it is possible that self-protection or self-preservation is a bit deceptive in that it is actually self-destructive.  I'm not talking about healthy boundaries...I'm talking about imploding.

I don't think Jesus was/is an imploder.  As for the time of the Gospel's, I think that He knew who he was and was ready to walk through anything (or on anything in the case of the Sea - Matt. 14).  He wasn't afraid to embrace the crazy and awkward people and circumstances of the times. -Was there a day that went by where He wasn't smack in the middle of an awkward situation??-  He wasn't intimidated by people's pressured questioning.  He wasn't afraid to tell someone the truth then pointing out that they weren't walking in it.  He wasn't self-protecting or self-preserving, even to the point of death.  Yes, I do believe He had healthy-boundaries.  He would send the disciples ahead of him or pull away by himself.  He would pull away from the crowds to have an intimate time with His twelve close friends or with His even closer three amigos.  He would spend time fueling up with the Father and then overflow to the some not so awkward and the some very awkward people around Him. 

I am intimidated to walk smack into an awkward situation.
I am defensive towards loaded-questioning.
I am afraid of having to tell someone the truth, especially if they are not already walking in it.  (I just feel like I'm the bad guy...at that point.  But that's kind of backwards thinking.)
Yes, I have my moments of boldness.  I even have my seasons of boldness.  My husband would tell you I am living in boldness towards him everyday - haha ;)
But I want to be living a life of boldness.
Not implosion.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion."  
Proverbs 28:1

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so good and encouraging, Tammy!! Thank you so much for sharing your heart and thoughts! I completely identify myself with all this, hehe... ;)

    ReplyDelete