Sunday, March 7, 2010

To the Fellow Achievers


One of my results from my "Strength Finders" test was Achiever it states, "Your Achiever theme helps explain your drive. Achiever describes a constant need for achievement. You feel as if every day starts at zero. By the end of the day you must achieve something tangible in order to feel good about yourself."

So to all my fellow Achievers or if you're one of those people who lay down in bed at night only to think about all your to-do's...
Here's a tip - from yours truly - that I feel helps me:
Pick an area of your house to tidy up after you're all or mostly ready for bed. It could be a the surface area of a room or the blankets piled in the corner, or even the counter tops and sink in the kitchen. I'm not talking deep cleaning, just a nice clean sweep over things. This is not high-energy therefore it shouldn't re-energize you before bed. When you're done, allow yourself to feel accomplished! Because I'm sure you are an accomplished person - not only in the small task of cleaning but in daily life! Be encouraged!

Don't stress yourself over the next day of to-do's! that will be taken care of in it's own timing...each day has enough worries of it's own (Matthew 6:34 paraphrased). So when the day is done let it be done.

Enjoy you Given life.

No comments:

Post a Comment