Thursday, December 24, 2009

He is steadfast...(do I got that yet?)

Journal entry from Dec. 23

Psalm 59:17

¨O my strength...¨
-- God is his (David's) strength. Capitol ¨S¨pointing out divinity, strength for life is not something man can do on his own. David is and we are dependants. We have to choose to be dependents on God, because it's not such a forced action, yet it is O so beneficial!
(side note. being dependant is not always such a bad thing contrary to what a high percentage of media communicates.)

¨...I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortres...¨
-- Fortress. God was David's fortress. and can be ours. Is mine. I can run to God for absolute safety, uncomparable peace.

¨...the God who shows me STEADFAST LOVE.¨ (emphasis added)
--
O how sweet assured and promised love is! Especially in a generation that has mostly only witnessed weak and a small quantity of commitment. As a married woman...I gotta tell ya, assured and promised love is so much healthier when you look at your life as a whole!


No comments:

Post a Comment