Friday, September 26, 2014

XCountry: week FIVE

XCountry: week FIVE

Story Time


As we drove through the deserts of this country, we listened to Mike Bickle sharing about the richness and abundance of the Lord. We were blessed, encouraged, and challenged by this particular story Mike shares in his series about Encountering Jesus during IHOPKC's history.

Here's the story:
THE MULTIPLICATION OF $550
"You know, I love to tell this story. I was about twenty-six to twenty-seven years old, and there was a woman who was in real need. She needed this huge amount—$550, but I think our salary was $2,000 or $3,000 a month. I mean it was pretty small; so for us $550 was a huge amount. We were making $2,000-$3,000 a month. I don’t really remember the exact amount, but I know she needed about $550. And I said, “I’ll give you the money,” even though we could not afford it.

So what happened was, a day or two later, I was at the church service on the front row. A guy came up to me. He put his arm around me as they were worshiping and said, “The Lord told me to give this to you.”

I said, “What?” He put this money in my pocket. I looked at it; it was exactly $550 dollars: not 540 exactly—$550.

I said, “Lord, this is so intense because if it would have been $570, I would have been disappointed.” It was exactly the right amount, and it was this wink from heaven.

So I was sitting there. I was so happy. I said, “You know that I know that You know that I know. Oh, this is so cool. Your eyes are on me.” It wasn’t the money; His eyes are watching.

So then we had a ministry time, and I went to pray for someone.
I said, “What is the deal?”
He said, “Oh, I am in crisis.”
I said, “What?”
He said, “It’s financial.”
I said, “What happened?”
He said, “Well, today I need $550, and there’s no way I can obtain it.”
I said, “Oh! I know how to do that. I know a way.” I put my hand in my pocket. I said, “Here
      it is.”
He said, “You have $550 in your pocket?”
I said, “Yes. Here.” It was the exact amount.
He asked, “It is rolled up exactly in the right amount? Do you package your money in
     550s?”


Well, I was back to minus $550. It was fun, though. When I was walking out the door, a guy came and stopped me.
He said, “Hi. Mike. I cannot believe you are still here. The Lord told me to give you money.
       Here it is — $550! I know that is a strange amount.”
I said, “Unbelievable.” I looked at Him [pointing to heaven] and I said, “Oh. I love you, but I love Him more.”


(listen to it, download it, or read the full script here: http://mikebickle.org/resources/resource/1647?return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fmikebickle.org%2Fresources%2Fseries%2F38
He tells this story around minute 36)




In Summary:

If you missed any previous updates from XCountry you can see them here:
- XCountry: week ONE - Virginia to Tennessee - Blasted By His Faithfulness
- XCountry: week TWO - Kentucky to Michigan - Seek The Lord
- XCountry: week THREE - Missouri to Kansas - Who Knew!?
- XCountry: week FOUR - Kansas to Utah - Grace & Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment